Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://www.cricutinspiration.blogspot.com.
Creative Commons License

Sunday, August 8, 2010

At the Cottage yesterday.....

And here are some of the random pics I snapped!! I thought I would try to find things that would have lots of texture or something perspective-ly interesting....HOPE YOU LIKE :)

Max....doesn't wander to far from dd. Flopping down on freshly built sand castles is not a welcome behavior....but she loves the company :)

I came out to the cottage today to be pleasantly surprised by 3 sunflower plants growing in a recently cleared area. Look~I even caught the little busy worker bee on his travels...

Tools of the trade...love the rustic look of this...that splitter gets used a lot out here :)

Moss grows in the most curious of places don't you think?

I loved the perspective on this....and how well worn the handle on this shovel is too :) another tool of the trade lol!

I just loved the texture on this log, so cool how anything near the water gets all this growth all over it....neat!

A favourite passtime at the cottage - MAKING STEW!!! and no, I'm not hungry :0

My Max....oh boy does he HATE my camera....that was the 'look' of enough already lady!

Ever watchful.

At this point in the day all I could get was the back of his head....he refused to look when I called his name...he's too smart for his own good lol!

hmmmmmm, more stew....anyone hungry? We'll share!

Weathered wood. Grabbed this pic in a huge pile we need to have cleared off the property.

just a cool looking stump.

I loved the perspective of this. It really does jut out above your head...again this is in the pile that need to be cleared out.

gettin down and dirty :)

Loved how the bright blue just popped against the rust in the chain and the texture of the rock...I think this is my favourite pic. I might turn it black and white and do a selective colour on the blue hook...how neat would that look?

Some rope...neat texture again :)

Very old Muskoka chair...sits right near the lake and it shows :)

Just a shot of bright red in a sea of green and tree bark...thought it was cute :)


Hope you all enjoyed some pics from our cottage yesterday.....it's amazing how different things look when you see them through a lens. Getting down on your knees or belly really changes the angle and perspective...try it - it's fun!

~Magoo

13 comments:

eiyiyi said...

Beautiful Magoo. Thank you for sharing. hugs, eileen

Cher~ said...

I love watching you play with your camera and experiment with all these cool photos. Great pics. TFS.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Great photos I just love all the textures.

~BridgetL~ said...

you have such a great eye for such gorgeous pictures. :) Love each and everyone

iluvmybugs said...

Great pics!! Especially love the sunflower with the bee!! TFS

Grandma Suzie said...

Thanks for sharing. I love the pictures. It makes me want a good camera/lens :)

flowerdisco said...

I second what Grandma Suzie wrote.

and Max. Oh Max...he is soooo cute and I love his expression of "ok mama, leave me alone now, alright?" lol

flowerdisco said...

I second what Grandma Suzie wrote.

and Max. Oh Max...he is soooo cute and I love his expression of "ok mama, leave me alone now, alright?" lol

Vicki said...

Gorgeous photos. Thanks for sharing.

Lisa said...

Beautiful pictures. I was just thinking how photographers see things so differently. The beauty in everything. Thanks for sharing.

Ohhh Snap said...

What wonderful pictures! Max looks like he will be a wonderful friend to your DD :D. I can't wait to see how you translate to pictures digitally *hint, hint*.

I'm totally making that bee though lol. She's just toooooooo cute.

Pam aka TheBugBytes said...

I can see you are having so much fun. Enjoy your lens. Love the shots. They are great!

Brens Designs said...

Wonderful pics! I love to get odd pics too. The laying on the ground with my huge camera focusing really gets my neighbors laughing. LOL!